For some reason, my old blog simply failed a couple months ago. Now that it’s a new year, I set to fixing it.
It was a Geeklog CMS, and I wanted to move to WordPress, for familiarity. And it didn’t even work; I had to export the raw DB of old stories.
And then I was left with an Excel spreadsheet of cells that contained posts I’d made going back to 2007, and no clear way to bulk-add them to my new blog.
So after several false starts, I found
which loaded my data and added it to the story DB of my new blog, AFTER much data massaging.
But that’s done, and the data is (almost all) brought over! Yay!